By: Sammy Jones
Trying to lower carbohydrates however missingouton taco Tuesdays? You’re going to love these low-carb zucchini squash taco boats.
- 3 zucchini, cut in cutinhalf lengthways
- 250g lean beef mince
- ½ brown onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 tsp taco flavoring
- 300g chunky salsa
- ½ cup mozzarella, shredded
- ½ cup tomatoes, sliced
- Coriander leaves, to garnish
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Using a little spoon, eliminate the centre of each zucchini and set aside.
- Place zucchini aside, cut-side up.
- Place a frying pan over a medium-high heat and include the mince. Cook till browned and liquid hasactually vaporized.
- Add onions, garlic and taco spices and cook upuntil brown and aromatic.
- Add half the salsa and zucchini centre and stir well. Reduce the heat and cook for a evenmore 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In an ovenproof baking meal, equally spread the staying salsa.
- Divide the taco mince uniformly inbetween the zucchini boats and leading with cheese. Place in the baking meal.
- Cover with foil and cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Top with tomatoes and coriander and serve.
- Tip: For additional texture and flavour, top with sour cream.
Subscribe to a newsletter to get mostcurrent post and updates
Organic Merchant Immune Tea
Masala Chai Tea – Organic Merchant